Last day of the Sephora Sale
I personally buy everything in the mini size first. It’s a great way to sample something. The beauty industry changes so quickly, by the time I am done with the mini size (typically a few months for me), there is a new product I want to try. Since I stay at home with the twins and only get ready a few times a week, this helps make my products last. Sephora offers samples to beauty insiders before I make a big purchase I try to go in and get a sample. This helps cut down on buying products I don’t love. Being half Asian and half White, finding the right products and shades for me can be a struggle- these are products that work best for my skin and hair type.
Sephora Rouge members 20%
If you’re not a Sephora Beauty Insider member yet, don’t worry! You can sign up for FREE now
- Prep Rally-After trying many hair protectant sprays, this is one I keep coming back to. My hair is coarse and thick, this cuts down the frizz and damage.
- YSL Black Opium-This is hands down my favorite perfume. You don’t need a lot as it is pretty strong. I only buy the mini, but it lasts me months.
- Chloé Eau de Parfum– I love this rollerball, it is lighter than the YSL. I typically will wear this during the day.
- Lip Sleeping Mask– Growing up I would use just good ole Vaseline or Aquaphor. Over the years I felt like I just could never get rid of my dry lips no matter what I tried. Neosporin, lip scrubs,
carmex, you name it, I tried it. I was skeptical to spend $20 on a lip balm, but this works. I will say it will not cure your dry cracked lips forever though, you need to consistently use it. During the winter when it was really bad I would use this and lip scrub in the morning.
- Buttercup Blow Dryer– This isn’t a must, but when you have thick, long, and coarse hair it really helps. Now I bought this before the Dyson came out, but I can’t justify spending that much on a blow dryer. It’s very lightweight, powerful, and I can tell a significant decrease in frizz with this blowdryer. For reference, it probably takes me about 8 minutes to blow dry my hair.
- High Tops Self-Grip Rollers-If you want volume and you aren’t using velcro rollers, you should. In 2010, when I was headed to Mississippi for school, I googled how pageant girls did their hair. Every night before bed I would put my hair in rollers, LORD BLESS my high maintenance soul. I do this now if I am shooting or going out. It really helps my hair fall better and allows me to tease without looking like a birds nest. These are just velcro rollers, nothing super fancy. The main difference between these and the ones you get at Walmart are the size. These are larger and don’t come with tiny ones that many throw away.
- Ceramic Curling Iron-I curl my hair every time I fix it, for me I needed something that would help with damage and hold a curl. This does both of those things. It is not cheap, but I will say T3’s customer service is impeccable.
- Luminous Dewy Skin Mist– Lately with spray tans, working out, and not getting enough sleep, I have felt like my skin has been looking pretty dry. I bought this to spray over my makeup, and I can tell it helps me not look and feel as cakey.
- Banana Bright Face Primer-Initially I went in to pick up the Becca Backlight Primer, after getting a sample, they recommended that I try this one as well. Over the past couple of months, I’ve felt like my skin with makeup looked very dull and dry. On the hunt for a good primer, I loved that this one had vitamin C and over time would help the appearance of my skin whereas the Becca one was almost like putting on a liquid highlighter under your foundation.
Hydro GripPrimer-After sampling the primers mentioned above, I went in to purchase the Banana Bright Face Primer and they recommended this one. I bought the banana one and took a sample home of this one. IT IS SO GOOD. I still love the brightening one especially for every day, but if I have an event or shoot, I will definitely wear this one. It is very hydrating and your make up will not budge. Wait 30 seconds after putting it on before applying your foundation, it will feel almost tacky like you can feel the makeup gripping to it. The finish is absolutely beautiful.
- Sheer Glow Foundation-After wearing double wear for a while, I realized it wasn’t the best option for my dry skin. This foundation is so buildable and hydrating. If you like medium to full coverage and have dryer skin, this is the one I would go with. It’s pricey, but I have had mine since December and it isn’t empty.
- Bomb Baby Mini Lip and Face Set– THIS IS BOMB. I love this mini duo. First, it lasts, I buy this twice a year. Second, the color of the highlighter and lip gloss is amazing. It is a sticky gloss, but I live for that. My lipgloss is cool, my lip gloss is popping… anyway I don’t think you can go wrong with this $23 duo.
- Fine Line Felt Tip Eyeliner– For a while I wore no eye makeup, and most days I still don’t. Eyeliner is hard and I hate when it budges. This fine line makes it almost foolproof. I have small Asian eyelids and normally with eyeliner, if I mess up it’ll be the size of my whole lid. With this super thin tip I don’t have that problem, the liner itself last all day and doesn’t bleed.
- Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick-Again, I don’t really wear a lot of eye makeup. My friend Karleigh, who is blonde and fair, had this on and I was like “what is that color, it’s gorgeous?!” I immediately ran to Sephora and picked up this shadow stick in Golden Pink. For an everyday look, I just swipe this over my eyelid. If I am doing a more dramatic eye, I will use this as an eyeshadow base. I bought mine last September, and have plenty left.
THINGS I WOULD SKIP
- Charlotte Tilbury KKW lipstick- people rave about this, I was influenced and went to pick it up…It’s the exact same color as Baddest Beige which is $8. I did a poll on my Instagram, and my makeup artist friends guessed the wrong one. I prefer the Maybelline formula anyway.
- DryBar 3 day bender curling iron- If you have long hair this will pull it out. I used this for a couple of years and liked it fine, but it definitely pulled my hair out. The curls fell pretty quickly too. I would get the T3 or this if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option ( I have all three)
- IGK Beach Club Texture Spray beats Drybar Triple sec in my opinion, but this is the best. I love using texture spray to add oomph to my hair.
- Beauty Blender- These are better in my opinion and a 5 pack is $8.
- Peter Thomas Roth Eye Patches- After trying this dupe, I can’t imagine paying that much for those. Keep them in the refrigerator and you will notice a huge difference. I also use my ice roller every time before I apply my makeup and it helps so much with overall puffiness.
Let me know if you have any questions! xoxo, Laur